Although not as popular as garment sewing, the internet is slowly filling with sites focused on lingerie making resources and supplies. Below are a few of my favorites. I have only linked to vendors I have purchased from and tutorial sites I have utilized.
- Orange Lingerie has an extensive listing of bra making resources here and produces fantastic bra patterns. I’m a huge fan.
- Ohhh Lulu offers tutorials on various lingerie making topics. It doesn’t appear that the designer is still updating the website, but the information is still great! The YouTube channel for Ohhh Lulu is updated regularly and has lingerie tutorials (mostly) specific to Ohhh Lulu patterns.
- Evie la Luve has a great channel on YouTube featuring all things lingerie. Basic skill tutorials and videos specific to her patterns are on offer.
- If you follow me on IG, you know I should just send part of my paychecks to Tailor Made Shop each month. It is my go-to online store for bra and panty making supplies. The bra making kits are gorgeous and save me a ton of time trying to match fabric and elastic colors for my makes. The blog also features a bra making guide that new lingerie sewists may find helpful.
- Sweet Cups Bra Supply sells bra making kits and bra findings kits. Their finding kits are nice if you have the main bra fabric and just need the bra findings. I have found a few issues with them, though. The size small kits come with a very wide bra strap elastic (not my favorite look). There is also not enough bra strap elastic in these kits for the Berkeley bra pattern (I found this out the hard way). Sweet Cups is one of the few places that sell nursing bra patterns for sewists with little ones which is fantastic.
- Emerald Erin sells bra and swimwear making supplies on Etsy. Swimwear supplies can be tough to find, so this is a great resource.
- Cloth Habit is the creator of the very popular Harriet Bra (which I haven’t sewn yet) and has amassed a great selection of tutorials on the website to help the sewist new to bra sewing.
- Sophie Hines sells bralette and undie sewing kits for her patterns. I was really impressed with the quality of the materials in these kits. If you need a size large or bigger in the Arccos Undies, the kits don’t contain a wide enough piece of knit fabric for your back pattern piece. The kits accommodate smaller sizes without incident.
I will update this listing as I discover more resources. Please, rest assured that I honestly think these are wonderful resources and vendors. I am not an affiliate of any of the sites listed above.